Monday 30 March 2009

UDF Retreat and the Malawian Dream

Finally UDF seems to be waking up from the long snooze. Rumour has it that they are contemplating choosing a replacement for Muluzi. This is a welcome development and it is long over due. Muluzi should even be replaced as the chairman of the party believe me people that’s the best thing for UDF. Muluzi is doing more harm than good not only to UDF but Malawi as a whole. We should not just blame Muluzi because word is some of the UDF governors were proposing Shanil Muluzi as replacement. Come on what is this, a family business or an independent party? It is true Dictators are not born but made by overzealous tarts like these UDF regional governors.

Personally do not have any problem with UDF as whole because I know there are decent few people in there left like kaka chilumpa and others who openly challenged Muluzi. It is high time Muluzi realise, you can only push people so much especially Malawians. UDF is full of Crooks who will do anything to get into government again. They need to rip off Malawians again. What most people in Malawi fail to understand is that times are now moving and the culture is changing. Soon we will be rid of tarts like these UDF governors and other people with blind royalty toward leaders.

I have a dream that one day all previous presidents will no longer want to cling to power way past their mandated time. I have a dream that one day blind royalty by people like Thom likambale and UDF regional governors over leaders like Muluzi or any other leader would no longer exist among Malawians. I have a dream that one day Malawians would no longer vote on regional lines or district lines but rather on the ability and policies of the one standing for office. I have a dream that one day Members of parliament would no longer serve their political masters but rather serve their true master that is the electorate. I have a dream that one day Malawians would choose wisely and vote for legislators who will represent the interest of their electorate and actually make a difference in their constituencies. I have a dream that one day all the media will be independent and report freely without favour or fear. I have a dream that one day I will be able to sleep in my house soundly without fear of any armed robbers. I have a dream that one day I will be able to run a shop or pub without fear of my hard earned money being stolen by thieves. I have a dream that one day all Malawians would be able to look at Malawians as Malawians and not divide us along tribal and regional lines. I have a dream that one day Nkoma synod and Livingstonia synod will be able to iron out their differences. I have a dream that one day all women will be treated as equals to men. I have a dream that one day all political parties will be very democratic and allow their membership to exercise their God given rights. I have a dream that one day HIV/AIDS will be eradicated amongst our society. I have a dream that one day Africans will be treated as equals to the rest of the world. I have a dream that one day Malawi will be a better place with lots of opportunities. I also have a dream that one day witchcraft will be a thing of the past and that all Malawians will work hard to earn a living. I also have a dream that most Malawians will learn to take calculated risks and abandon the culture of copying for the sake of it.

I had these dreams while awake and I hope my fellow Malawians will share with me these dreams and I know they will come true soon or later. Every one has dreams in Malawi some dreams come true some don’t but keep dreaming don’t give up.
One Love, One Malawi, One People
God bless Malawi

No comments: